Pilots who notice that the MFD scroll from tab to tab is not working, check for the following:
Are the Tabs along the bottom yellow?
- if yes, the software card has become corrupt (via the USB port), or the compact flash card (internal) is no longer working correctly.
- Avidyne recommends that pilots replace the USB drives with 2GB drives available on Amazon, or other online electronic retailer (i.e. Newegg)
- specific details on the USB Drives are here: https://avidynesupport.happyfox.com/staff/kb/articles/357-ex5000-mfd-usb-drive
- Pilots will need to work with an Avionics shop to obtain a replacement CF card for the MFD
If the tabs are not yellow, is it difficult to scroll along the bottom tabs?
- this could be the encoder knob in the MFD
- Pilots will need to see their Avionics shop, the MFD will need to be returned for repair.
- Pilots are encouraged to have an AeroPlan Warranty, as repair cost are extremely high (all cost are provided to the shop).